Baked ziti with vegetables
Makes 4 individual casseroles.
Ingredients: 4 cups ziti pasta, cooked, 2 cups zucchini, 2 cups red pepper cut in julienne strips, 2 cups onion, sliced, 1 cup asparagus, 1 carrot, sliced, 3 cups low-fat tomato sauce, 1 cup 1% low-fat ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese.
Easy Modifications: (Gluten Free, Sodium Restricted).
- Gluten Free: use gluten free pasta.
- Low sodium: use low sodium tomato sauce.
1. Place vegetables in a single layer on two baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Roast at 400° for 15-20 minutes stirring once.
3. When vegetables and pasta are cooked, fill each of 4 individual casserole dishes with 1 cup roasted vegetables.
4. Layer with ricotta cheese and ¾ cup tomato sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
Yield 4 servings
Analysis per serving
- Calories (kcal) 463.24
- Protein (g) 21.65
- Carbohydrates (g) 76.43
- Total Dietary Fiber (g) 9.42
- Total Sugars (g) 25.90
- Added Sugar (g) 5.59
- Fat (g) 8.32
- Saturated Fat (g) 3.88
- Cholesterol (mg) 22.50
- Calcium (mg) 278.40
- Sodium (mg) 953.09
Subscribe Be the first to know