Grilled beef teriyaki
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients: 1 lb. flank steak or London broil, ½ cup teriyaki sauce, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided, 1 large onion, sliced into strips, 2 large peppers, sliced into strips, 2 tomatoes, sliced into quarters, brown rice cooked.
1. Gluten free and Sodium restricted: Use a Gluten Free, Low Sodium Teriyaki Sauce.
2. Low fat: Portion a 3-ounce serving.
1. Marinate the meat in teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons canola oil for 2 hours or overnight. The meat is easier to slice if placed in the freezer for 20 minutes. Cut across the grain.
2. Sauté onion and peppers in 2 teaspoons canola oil until soft and brown.
3. Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Remove from pan, rinse pan and pat dry.4. In the pan, heat remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil until hot. Add beef, saving the marinade for later. Stir fry until cooked, approximately 8 minutes.
5. Add the vegetables to the pan. Add the marinade and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Nutrition Profile: Yield 4 servings. Analysis per serving (without rice).
- Calories (kcal) 298.99
- Protein (g) 21.39
- Carbohydrates (g) 23.39
- Total Dietary Fiber (g) 2.20
- Total Sugars (g) 17.44
- Added Sugar (g) 4.37
- Fat (g) 13.16
- Saturated Fat (g) 4.12
- Cholesterol (mg) 48.15
- Calcium (mg) 67.12Sodium (mg) 866.07
Subscribe Be the first to know