Lo mein american style
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients: 1-2 Tbsp canola oil, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 cup fresh carrots, shredded, 1 cup broccoli florets, ½ cup mushrooms, ½ cup water chestnuts, chopped, ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded, ½ cup cooked pork, shredded, ½ lb. small shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1 1/2 cups rice noodles, cooked or spaghetti, cooked, 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium, 3 tablespoons scallions, chopped, fresh ginger, grated.
1. Gluten free: Use Rice Noodles.
2. Gluten free and sodium restricted: Use a Gluten Free, Low Sodium Soy Sauce.
3. Low fat: Portion 1 cup per serving.
1. Heat large fry pan or wok till very hot. Add oil. Add garlic, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms and stir-fry until tender.
2. Add water chestnuts, chicken, pork, and shrimp.
3. Cook over high heat continuing to stir.
4. Add noodles or spaghetti.
5. Add soy sauce, scallions, and ginger while continuing to stir and toss. Cook until heated.
Nutrition Profile: Yield 4 servings. Analysis per serving.
- Calories (kcal) 337.29
- Protein (g) 30.42
- Carbohydrates (g) 25.40
- Total Dietary Fiber (g) 2.80
- Total Sugars (g) 2.98
- Added Sugar (g) 0
- Fat (g) 12.49
- Saturated Fat (g) 2.97
- Cholesterol (mg) 157.67
- Calcium (mg) 82.68Sodium (mg) 817.71
Subscribe Be the first to know