Meatball vegetable stew
Makes 5 servings
Ingredients: 1 lb lean ground meat, 1 egg, ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs, 4 cup potatoes, peeled and finely cubed, 3 cups carrots, cut up, 2 cups celery, diced, 3 cups onion, diced, ¾ tsp black pepper, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp thyme, 2 cups beef broth, 1 cup canned or frozen peas.
- Gluten free: Use Gluten Free breadcrumbs.
- Sodium Restricted: Use low sodium beef broth.
1. Mix ground meat, egg, and breadcrumbs. Blend and shape into 2-inch meatballs.
2. Brown meatballs in a large fry pan with a tight-fitting lid.
3. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, pepper, bay leaf, thyme, and beef broth.
4. Cover and simmer on low heat till tender. Add peas and heat through.
Nutrition Profile: Yield 5 servings. Analysis per serving.
- Calories (kcal) 354.94
- Protein (g) 26.29
- Carbohydrates (g) 49.94
- Total Dietary Fiber (g) 8.38
- Total Sugars (g) 11.27
- Added Sugar (g) 0
- Fat (g) 5.97
- Saturated Fat (g) 2.34
- Cholesterol (mg) 94.03
- Calcium (mg) 100.55Sodium (mg) 673.41
Subscribe Be the first to know