Makes 4 servings.
Ingredients: 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined, 6 oz rice and sauce (like Uncle Ben's Broccoli Rice Au Gratin), 1 cup broccoli florets, ½ cup chopped carrots, 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed, ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, ½ cup low-fat sour cream, ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped.
- Sodium Restricted: Clean and rinse Shrimp under cold water for 60 seconds to reduce the sodium.
- Low fat: Use 6 ounces of White or Whole grain rice. No sauce.
- Low fat, low sodium: Use a Low Fat, Low Sodium Cheddar Cheese.
- Gluten free: Use Gluten Free Breadcrumbs.
1. Cook rice according to directions.
2. Steam broccoli, carrots, and spinach in the microwave for 3 minutes.
3. In a shallow baking pan, layer cooked rice, then the steamed vegetables and shrimp.
4. Pour over mixture of cheddar cheese and sour cream.
5. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parsley.
6. Bake 15 minutes at 425°. Serve with Tossed Salad
Yield 4 servings. Analysis per serving.
- Calories (kcal) 485.62
- Protein (g) 39.86
- Carbohydrates (g) 50.90
- Total Dietary Fiber (g) 3.76
- Total Sugars (g) 5.13
- Added Sugar (g) 0
- Fat (g) 13.54
- Saturated Fat (g) 5.76
- Cholesterol (mg) 235.51
- Calcium (mg) 427.63
- Sodium (mg) 1288.09
Subscribe Be the first to know