Growing healthy teeth
Avoid baby bottle syndrome and cavities-
To avoid the Baby Bottle Syndrome, and give the baby healthy teeth when they come in:
- Give the bedtime bottle outside the crib.
- Wipe the baby's gums regularly after eating with a dry washcloth around your finger, especially at bedtime.
- Wipe the bottom gums inside and outside, upper gums inside and outside, and then tongue.
- Brush the teeth as soon as they appear with a soft baby brush without toothpaste.
- Accustom your baby to water in the bottle after 6 months–outside the crib–especially before bedtime to rinse teeth.
Adapted from Nurturing with Nutrition by Dr. Melanie Bezarte and Lucille Beseler, RDN
Subscribe Be the first to know