Microwave baby food?
How to safely warm your baby's food with a microwave
Caution is needed to microwave baby food!
- Use 50% power and always shake formula bottle or stir microwave food gently to distribute heat evenly and prevent hot spots which can burn the babies mouth.
- Test the food on the inside of wrist or taste the baby's food (with a seperate spoon) to check for correct temperature.
- Do not use plastic containers to heat foods in the microwave.
Foods may be served at room temperature.
- Vegetables may be slightly warmed.
- Use extra caution heating meats.
- Serve fruits and desserts at room temperature or directly from the refrigerator.
Adapted from Nurturing with Nutrition by Dr. Melanie Bezarte and Lucille Beseler, RDN
Subscribe Be the first to know