Tips for toddler feeding skills
Rules to follow for smarter mealtimes-
Rules you can follow to ensure your toddler learns good feeding skills:
- Make sure the chair height and utensils fit your child. Food must be seen and reached easily.
- Have everything ready and close by, so your toddler won't have to wait too long.
- Allow more time than you think you'll need for mealtime to promote a relaxed atmosphere.
- NEVER put on "Dinner Theater" or staging a show to coax a child to eat.
- Minimize the mess:
- Use a plate with deep sides to ease fork use.
- No plate needed for finger foods.
- Use a plastic bib with large food-catching pockets.
- Put a plastic shower curtain, tablecloth, splat mat, or newspapers under highchair to make clean-up easier.
- Make a placemat or tray with a circle marked for your toddler's cup, so she/he can see where it belongs. You can also do this for her/his plate.
Subscribe Be the first to know