Toddlers in their highchairs
What to expect during mealtime
- Toddlers like rituals and like to work with their hands. They may do everything with food, except eat it! Drop it and watch it fall, build with it, throw it, feed it to the dog, everything but put it in their mouths. Have patience, set and keep limits.
- Capitalize on their desire and ability to play with food:
- Let them dip the food in a sauce, honey or ketchup
- Let them put it on toast or a cracker
- Refusing food is an excellent way of exerting new found independence.
- Move to a booster seat only when toddler outgrows his or her high-chair
- Toddler need to see and be able to easily access all foods presented.
Subscribe Be the first to know